Sunday, 15 November 2009


The rain seems to have gone away (at least for today anyway) and I'm thankfully starting to feel a bit better so got to work on a wedding card I've been meaning to make for the last week.  I just bought a load of new papers from Anna Griffin and wanted to use them.  I had some clear peel offs from DCWV which I used for the phrasing on the front.  I wanted to break up the patterend paper a bit so used some solid silver textured cardstock and punched the lower edge.  I added some jewels along the bottom, some ribbon and a heart shaped charm and pins.  I had to stop myself from adding more bits!

I then set about making a card box to put it in.  I measured the card and added 3/4" around this for the sides of the box.  Scored, cut and stuck it together.  I then made the lid by using the same measurements I used for the base but adding a 1/16 more to the measurement all the way around, scored and stuck together.  I then cut a piece of matching patterned paper and wrapped a piece of ribbon around the middle, attached it to the top of the lid and to finish it off, used another DCWV phrase mounted on blue cardstock and attached to the top with some foam pads and some silver brads.  I lined the inside of the box with white thick quality tissue paper and made it wide enough so that is would overlap the card when it was placed inside.  Finished!

I was really pleased with how this turned out and I love the colours.  The box just finished it all off perfectly.   Off out now to take our new puppy for walk, he's adorable and VERY lively!

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment