Thursday 25 February 2010

THE CHICKEN AND THE EGG

We have several chickens who produce some fabulous little gifts every morning for us and one morning we had a bit more than usual!  One hen had laid a very small egg which when cracked open only had a white in it and no yolk and another one of our hens laid a super large egg.  She made a lot of noise when she'd finished so must have taken her a while to produce this.  I made a scrapbook page to mark the occassion and its shows the small egg alongside the massive one that Hattie the hen produced!  Usually the size is somewhere between the two.




She didn't lay again for a few days and to be honest I'm not surprised after that! 

I tend to make pages using either 8x8 or the american size 8 1/2 by 11.  I use American Craft albums which I love and I tend to buy most of my suppliers from the US too.  A little expensive I suppose but I can at least get things a lot sooner than they are available in the UK and in some cases, not available to us here at all.

For this one I chose the orange cardstock as my background for the main photo of my layout to pick out the colour of the hens feathers and changed some of the font to orange to tie the pages together.  I'm a pretty simple girl at heart and thats reflected in my pages, although sometimes I try to be a bit more adventurous and add a few embelishments!

That's all for today.
Take care
Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment